Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Monday, January 23, 2012

Mystical Winter...Take 2!

These are my final projects that were made with Swirlydoos' January kit, Mystical Winter.  This is such a beautiful kit and for me it really exemplifies the beauty of the season.  As an added bonus, I've posted some gorgeous winter sunrise pictures at the bottom!

This is a photo of my daughter on her 5th birthday.  I ran the photo through a photo shop type of program where I was able to extract colors from selected areas of my photo.  I wanted to highlight my baby girl.  


I made the big flower using paper from the kit and my tattered florals die.  I added a small flower from a prior kit and I used some of the pearls that came in the Bling Me add on.  I also found a new obsession.....using fabric.  I blame Lynne Forsythe.  She is one of our Education Designers at Swirlydoos and she showed us this fabulous technique of using multi medium as a fabric stiffener.  Sooooooo, I cut some leaves out of white fabric using my Vagabond and stiffened them with Multi Medium and voila!  I have beautiful white leaves!!  Now I have a laundry list of things I want to make out of fabric.  Thanks Lynne! *said sarcastically*  Love you girl!  

I sacrificed one of the blue, ruffled Prima flowers that came in the kit and placed that white rose on top of it.  I think it creates a nice backdrop and sets the flower and fabric leaves off nicely.

This is a card I made with some bits and pieces that I had left over from the pages I made.  If there is one thing I've learned so far, it is that I save every little scrap I have left over from each project.  Then, when I'm done I see what can be used for a card and get rid of the rest.  

I ruffled some paper and created some layered butterflies and finished it off with a flower made using a fussy cut snowflake from the paper and my tattered florals die.

The other morning we had a sunrise that made me grab my camera, put on my boots, brave the bitter cold and walk down to the road.  There is something about a fine, fresh layer of snow.  It defines everything it lands on and makes everything glow with a new life; a bare tree is no longer bare, but instead has its beauty accentuated in ways that you wouldn't normally see.  Add to that a soft, velvety pink sunrise and the end result is something otherworldly.  Here are a few of the photos I took.  




I hope you enjoyed your visit!!

Thanks for stopping by.
XO, Lisa

13 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow!! What gorgeous projects. Love your flowers!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects. They just glimmer! So, so beautiful.

Kim said...

Gorgeous layouts and photos.

LISA said...

Just beautiful! I love the color blocked photo. So pretty!!

Cindy Gay said...

Great job with the photo toning. Really makes her stand out.

Shona said...

beautiful creations Lisa :)

Lizzyc said...

oh what a beautiful post..the layout is amazing.. the photo editing is awesome! the flowers are stunning.. and the photos of your sunrise.. i cant say i have ever seen a pink sky like that before and with the snow it looks divine! thanks for sharing!!

morkaren said...

Hvor skønt et LO, og dit "snekort" er også dejligt i kolde snefarver. knus morkaren.

cvanholstein said...

Wonderful work!!

Kind regards from the Netherlands, Corina

Monica Baker said...

Love this!

Vicky Alberto said...

breathtaking the projects and the pictures!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Gosh girl.... These projects are so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
I also love those beautiful pictures you took. breath taking!!!!

Robin Shakoor said...

This is gorgeous. I love, love, love your flowers. You have to teach me how to extract color from selected areas like you did on your photo. Superb!