Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rejoice


This is another page I made using my December kit from Swirlydoos.  What a gorgeous kit.  I made this page for Angelica's Butterfly Challenge.

 I was racking my brain over what I was going to do for Christmas photos this year.  It's funny how inspiration finds you in some of the weirdest of ways.  I was trying to put some things together for a page and I had purchased this lovely piece of Prima Jewelry from Swirlydoos store which was laying out on my desk.  My DD walks into the room and just puts it on her head like a head band and stuck a pose for me.  (She's too much!)  She started to laugh and I said "Wait a minute....that gives me an idea."  A Christmas picture was born.  *insert a choir of Angels singing*

I emailed my friend, Mandy, and asked her if she could work some of her Photoshop magic on a few of my pics.  Click here to see her awesome blog.  She has a link to her photography site too.  She emailed them back to me and they just took my breath away.  On this particular picture she added a fairy wing, a small blue butterfly and an overall ethereal glow to the photo.  Isn't it gorgeous?!  Wowie!!!  Props to Mandy!!  Thanks sweetie~

I used two of the papers from the kit.  I fussy cut the border out of the Creative Imaginations paper and placed it over the top of a paper from Bo Bunny.  I used my white Adirondack paint and with a small paint brush I highlighted the angels wings.  I had planned on using the Prima Jewelry that my DD wore in the picture in my page.  I think it is a nice touch.

I used some coordinating paper to make a small frame behind the photo and then wet distressed the circle behind it.  The Calla Lily and Crepe Paper Carnations were made by hand and if you click the name of each it will bring you to my tutorial so you can make them too! I've also started to keep a list of my tutorials in the left hand side bar of my blog. It is near the top.  The green holly came in the kit and I had the red ribbon in my stash.



The butterfly was provided my Lisa Gregory.  She provides a set of butterflies for each kit.  I added burgandy stickles to it and clipped off some berries from one of the sprays that came with the kit.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I love your comments.  They always bring a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart.  Have a blessed holiday!!!  Hugs~

3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Just beautiful. Great framing and cutting.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Thank you so much Lisa for dropping by my blog! WOW! Talk about inspiration on YOUR blog. I could be here all day. In fact, I WILL be...Thanks for so many great ideas! Bye for now, Nadia.

Robin Shakoor said...

These are wonderful! I can't wait to try it.