Saturday, August 14, 2010
Live in the Moment
I did this page for the August SGC challenge over at Swirlydoos. I used a lot of new products as well as some items from past Swirlydoos kits. First, the paper. It is all from the BG Capella line. I used Robin's wet distress technique and turned the square so that it wasn't, well, not so square. I wanted it to be kind of crooked. I used a mask that I got from Layers of Color and my Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I only used a small part of the mask and wished I had used more of it in more places. Have you ever stepped back from a page after it was done and said "doh!"....I shoulda, I shoulda....that happened to me with this page. I then took some Smooch and highlighted a few places on the mask. I used PSE to give the photo an old world sepia finish and then used my scissors to distress the edge of the photo just a touch.
Craftsprinkles If you click her name you will be taken to her tut. I used a purple and cream paper I had in my stash and then used Moon Mist to add some color and highlight. I love this spray!!!!!!! You can't really see it in this photo but the spray is iridescent. I used a lace flower center for one and a cluster of really small flowers for the other. The really small flowers are from my stash. I sprayed them to match and added some pearls in the center. The big chipboard flourish came in a past kit. I used Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and Espresso embossing powder in a few places to give it an aged look.
I just love this butterfly. I used stamps that I just got from Layers of Color. The first thing I did was take a transparency and blotted some alcohol ink on it. I used two different colors and then blotted a little bit of blending solution on it. When you blot the ink with the solution it will separate and come back together in this little pools. Kind of reminds me of what old movie projector film looked like when it started to melt. When I had the effect I wanted, I waited for it to dry and then turned it over and using black archival ink I stamped that gorgeous musical butterfly onto the transparency. I used my exacto knife to cut out the butterfly. I used a fine line of glue in a few places and added fine, purple glitter and a few iridescent jewels to finish it off. I used another musical stamp from the same set and placed it so that it looks like the swirly air from the butterfly.
here for the svg file. TFL!!!!!
Posted by Lisa Bardou at 8:08 PM