Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Saturday, August 14, 2010

Live in the Moment

This is a photo I took at our most recent camping trip. I wanted it to have an earthy, natural look to it.  My DD was sitting on a really big boulder next to the river.  It was early in the morning and she just had that look on her face.  I was just snapping away and when I saw this shot, I just fell in love with it. It's almost like I can read her mind and she is saying to herself..."yup, here she goes again with the camera...."  I think I need an intervention.....NOT! LOL

I did this page for the August SGC challenge over at Swirlydoos.  I used a lot of new products as well as some items from past Swirlydoos kits.  First, the paper.  It is all from the BG Capella line.  I used Robin's wet distress technique and turned the square so that it wasn't, well, not so square.  I wanted it to be kind of crooked.  I used a mask that I got from Layers of Color and my Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I only used a small part of the mask and wished I had used more of it in more places.  Have you ever stepped back from a page after it was done and said "doh!"....I shoulda, I shoulda....that happened to me with this page.  I then took some Smooch and highlighted a few places on the mask.  I used PSE to give the photo an old world sepia finish and then used my scissors to distress the edge of the photo just a touch.

I made the flowers using a tutorial by Craftsprinkles  If you click her name you will be taken to her tut.  I used a purple and cream paper I had in my stash and then used Moon Mist to add some color and highlight.  I love this spray!!!!!!!  You can't really see it in this photo but the spray is iridescent.  I used a lace flower center for one and a cluster of really small flowers for the other.  The really small flowers are from my stash.  I sprayed them to match and added some pearls in the center.  The big chipboard flourish came in a past kit.  I used Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and Espresso embossing powder in a few places to give it an aged look.


I just love this butterfly.  I used stamps that I just got from Layers of Color.  The first thing I did was take a transparency and blotted some alcohol ink on it.  I used two different colors and then blotted a little bit of blending solution on it.  When you blot the ink with the solution it will separate and come back together in this little pools.  Kind of reminds me of what old movie projector film looked like when it started to melt.  When I had the effect I wanted, I waited for it to dry and then turned it over and using black archival ink I stamped that gorgeous musical butterfly onto the transparency.  I used my exacto knife to cut out the butterfly.  I used a fine line of glue in a few places and added fine, purple glitter and a few iridescent jewels to finish it off.  I used another musical stamp from the same set and placed it so that it looks like the swirly air from the butterfly.

I used some lace from Prima and a small metal filigree from Ruby Rock It to accent this puffy bracket from Pink Paislee's Artisan collection.  I used a part of a Tim Holtz stamp that says "live in the moment" and threw in a feather for good measure.  I cut the leaves using an svg file.  It was a vine that I cut up and used what I needed and where.  Click here for the svg file.    TFL!!!!!

3 comments:

Angelica said...

Girl, I am lovin' that butterfly!!!! Love your flowers too!!

Scrapamum said...

All I can say is... GORGEOUS!!!

Caitysmom said...

Awesome layout! I love it!