Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Saturday, September 11, 2010

She's Country


This is a page I did for a challenge over at Swirlydoos.  It is the No Paper Challenge.  We couldn't use any patterned paper.  I titled it She's Country because my daughter loves that song by Jason Aldean, and well, I just love Jason LOL!

I had a LOT of fun with this page.  First, I have to give props to the Photoshop Wonder Twins over at Swirlydoos, Lisa G. and Lisa N.  Yah, I know a lot of Lisa'a on this blog.  That's cuz Lisa's ROCK!  LOL  Anyway, I'm a beginner with PS and I worked with this photo of my DD.  I did a pencil sketch and then couldn't figure out how to get some other effects to work so I uploaded it to the forum.  Between the two of them and the ideas bouncing all over the place, this is what Lisa G. ended up with.  The other one from Lisa N is equally as gorgeous and I am going to have to scrap them both.  BTW, click here to go to Lisa G's blog, and here to go to Lisa N's blog (she has some great PS tutorials).

Ok, back to the page.  As I mentioned this was a no paper challenge.  So, the first thing I did was break out my distress inks and a white piece of card stock.  I used Bundled Sage and Stormy Sky for the page.  Then I took one of my favorite stamps from Donna Salazar and stamped it along the bottom in two different colors.


Next, I used my Faux Metal technique (click here to go to the tut).  This time I used a Cuttlebug Embossing folder and 2 different paint dabbers.  I went over the whole thing using brown and then with a paper towel lightly went over the raised areas with some green.  I LOVE the way this looks IRL.  I love it so much that I had a hard time deciding whether or not I wanted my entire page made out of this or only a part.  Then I edged it with some Prima Lace I had in my stash from a past kit.

The photo frame is made out of 3 pieces of Dusty Attic.  The main horizontal piece is a frame by itself and the top and bottom are flourishes that I bought from CraftySprinkles' ETSY (clik here to go there).  I actually had to redo this entire frame.  I wanted there to be a contrast between the frame and the photo but boy-oh-boy was it just awful!  I had to flip it over and just use Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.  I added the little pearls for some interest because I was afraid to try anything else and it looked blah otherwise LOL.

The flourish is a Prima Say It with Pearls that I cut into two pieces and all of the flowers are Prima as well.  The leaves are cut using an svg file.  Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW This is amazingly stunning.....I love love love it :)

Darien said...

OMG!! This is Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love what you did!!!! What a beautiful picture, and congrats for being featured at Swilydoos!!!

Cindy Gay said...

The "metal" is gorgeous. Wonderful job.

WendyG said...

OMG!!!! Lisa this is beyond GORGEOUS!!!!! I am completely bedazzeled with all the stunning details on this LO!!!!! You are a master!!!

scrappin girl said...

love this page...you did a amazing job.