Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pages In Time DT Challenge


Here is my page for the Design Team Challenge at Pages in Time.  We were supposed to use the new logo on a page, a card, or whatever we wanted.  I am also using my June Pages in Time monthly kit.

My Girl Scout Troop went to Encampment last weekend and I snapped a pic of my DD while we were at the bonfire.  I printed the pic in black and white and then used my little Tim Holtz sanding block and sanded the edges to give it a time worn look.  I also used some platinum liquid pearls and placed a few dots on either edge.

The paper is all from my June Kit and is comprised of GCD and Prima. I used my new Martha Stewart double loop punch on the pink paper.  I love this punch and would probably use it on everything if I could.  The dark pink flourish border came in my kit and I added two pieces of Dusty Attic.  They are the dark brown flourishes on either side of the pic.  I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink and some Distress Embossing Powder on these.   For the center I cut 2 circles.  One and inch larger than the other and used a wet distress technique on the larger blue circle.  For the smaller circle I used my paper distresser and some Distress Ink around the edge.  I cut the greenery using an svg file and my cricut.  The white satin flowers I found in the wedding aisle at Michael's.

For the Pages in Time logo I used the round cut out from a Dusty Attic Frame.  These would normally be thrown away, but I can never seem to do that!  I inked it up using Faded Jeans Distress Ink and then I used some white paint from a Ranger Paint Dabber.  I added the paint to a paper towel and then dry-rubbed it onto the circle.  I then used liquid pearls again to place the pearls around the outside.  I added dangle ribbon to the bottom and a few more pearls for good measure!!  I was going pearl crazy with this LOL!  The little leaves were left over from another project so I pulled them out of my stash and added them to the page.  Here is a close up.


I once again used an svg and my Cricut to cut out the butterfly.  It has two layers.  The top lacey part, and a bottom solid piece.  I decided to take some pink-raspberry liquid pearls and just place it in random blobs on the bottom layer.  For the top I used Worn Lipstick and Faded Jeans Distress ink.  I then took some pearls and made the body and the antennas.  When the liquid pearls dried, I glued the two pieces together.  Here is a close up.


Thanks so much for looking!!!  If you have any questions please feel free to leave me a comment and your email address so that I can reply!

6 comments:

D said...

You did such an amazing job with this page. It's truly a work of art.

Scrapamum said...

Fabulous job!

2amscrapper said...

such an amazing layout with so many details--you really know how to use that distress ink

A Few of My Favorite Things said...

Wow!!! That's AMAZING!!! It is a work of art with lots of inspiring details.

Amarilys said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

this is a beautiful layout Lisa! Love all the details. It flows together so nicely! Talented is all I can say!!