Saturday, June 19, 2010
Pages In Time DT Challenge
Here is my page for the Design Team Challenge at Pages in Time. We were supposed to use the new logo on a page, a card, or whatever we wanted. I am also using my June Pages in Time monthly kit.
My Girl Scout Troop went to Encampment last weekend and I snapped a pic of my DD while we were at the bonfire. I printed the pic in black and white and then used my little Tim Holtz sanding block and sanded the edges to give it a time worn look. I also used some platinum liquid pearls and placed a few dots on either edge.
The paper is all from my June Kit and is comprised of GCD and Prima. I used my new Martha Stewart double loop punch on the pink paper. I love this punch and would probably use it on everything if I could. The dark pink flourish border came in my kit and I added two pieces of Dusty Attic. They are the dark brown flourishes on either side of the pic. I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink and some Distress Embossing Powder on these. For the center I cut 2 circles. One and inch larger than the other and used a wet distress technique on the larger blue circle. For the smaller circle I used my paper distresser and some Distress Ink around the edge. I cut the greenery using an svg file and my cricut. The white satin flowers I found in the wedding aisle at Michael's.
For the Pages in Time logo I used the round cut out from a Dusty Attic Frame. These would normally be thrown away, but I can never seem to do that! I inked it up using Faded Jeans Distress Ink and then I used some white paint from a Ranger Paint Dabber. I added the paint to a paper towel and then dry-rubbed it onto the circle. I then used liquid pearls again to place the pearls around the outside. I added dangle ribbon to the bottom and a few more pearls for good measure!! I was going pearl crazy with this LOL! The little leaves were left over from another project so I pulled them out of my stash and added them to the page. Here is a close up.
I once again used an svg and my Cricut to cut out the butterfly. It has two layers. The top lacey part, and a bottom solid piece. I decided to take some pink-raspberry liquid pearls and just place it in random blobs on the bottom layer. For the top I used Worn Lipstick and Faded Jeans Distress ink. I then took some pearls and made the body and the antennas. When the liquid pearls dried, I glued the two pieces together. Here is a close up.
Thanks so much for looking!!! If you have any questions please feel free to leave me a comment and your email address so that I can reply!
Posted by Lisa Bardou at 7:50 PM