Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summertime Fun

**Swirlydoos August Kit - Shabby Ambition**

This is my DD at one of our recent camping trips.  She was in the lake and have so much fun.  I got my big lens on and was able to zoom right in and get this shot.  She is soaking wet and covered in sand but it isn't keeping her from having a good time.

I used Creative Imaginations IOD, and 7 Gypsies paper.  First I cut the darker 7 Gypsies into 3 pieces; two thinner ones (different thickness) to go vertically and the other to go horizontally.  Then I cut another piece of IOD in a coordinating color and gave it a distressed scalloped edge.  I fussy cut around the edges of my main background paper so that the other pieces could slide in behind it.  Before I glued down the paper, I used a Tim Holtz stamp and black Archival Ink and stamped the wildflower bunches.  
I used an SVG to cut the face frame.  The frame is cut using two files.  Click here and here  to download the file I used.  The frame is really supposed to be used with two different papers.  I knew that I was going to have a lot going on with this page so I decided to use a tone-on-tone paper.  I cut all of it out using gray card stock and then inked up the main the frame.  I then added diamond Stickles to the all of the little pieces that you would normally throw away and glued them all into place.  Lastly, I added white pearls on the ends of the flourishes.  


I cut all of the leaves out using SVG files as well and inked those up.  I distressed a book page from Glitz and added that behind my photo.  The tag came with my kit as well and I inked that up and then added one of my favorite Tim Holtz stamps "the journey awakens the soul".  I thought it was fitting when I looked at her face and hoped that this would be a fun and wonderful memory for her.  The bigger flowers are all Prima and the little ones were in my kit as well.  The rhinestone flourish came in a prior Swirlydoo kit.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the svg files!!

1 comment:

Scrapamum said...

Oh Lisa I love it! Great looking kit!!!!