Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Poison Apple


Poison Apple is a book series that my DD just started to read.  It is about a young girl who finds out that she has Vampires for family members and that she too, may be a Vampire!  She loves these books and I love anything that gets her to read.

This is a picture of her from a few years ago.  She wanted me to paint her face like a Vampire, so I did.  We also used colored hair spray and gave her a pink stripe in her hair.  Even though it was February outside, it was October inside.  She was far to cute and I couldn't help myself from snapping pics.

I used two different paper lines for this page. I used My Mind's Eye Haunted Collection (LOVE THIS), and I used Martha Stewart's Halloween Vampire collection.  These collections go so well together.  I really love that old, tea-dyed look to the paper. It also helped that the top line to the bottom page from MS says "Halloween Greetings...you're invited to a Vampire Ball".  Another thing I found was that Martha had this really great green paper in the stack with a polka-dotted back-side.  Green???  For Halloween???  Awesome!  That lovely diamond patterned paper is flocked and it is soooooooo pretty.  A scrapper that I admire, Tina (click here for her blog) is just a goddess when it comes to layers and layers of paper.  I keep trying to pull this off and stalk her work so that I can learn it.  I'm getting better, but I still have a long way to go.  I practiced that layering effect with this page.  I think I still have another 4 or 5 sheets of paper to add to this before I really get the effect she has on her pages, but I'm taking baby steps! LOL


I had some gorgeous purple Prima flowers in my stash and one purple spider mum that I made and had sitting in my stash as well.  I really love how all of these colors work so well together.  I had to add some bling and pulled out some prima flourishes.


I really enjoyed using some not-so-traditional colors on this page.  I hope this inspires you to do the same.   Happy Halloween and stay posted because I created an altered box that I will be revealing on 10/31.  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful paper framing.

WendyG said...

OMG!!!! Lisa this is BRILLIANT!!!! You did a fantastic job with the layering..........once again you have inspired me to try something new!!!! Love this and the colours are just FANTASTIC!!!

2amscrapper said...

love this layered look

Lali said...

Your blog is so pretty and will definately be stopping by on a regular basis :-)