Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Sunday, October 3, 2010

Boldt Castle

****Swirlydoos October Kit***
This month's kit is simply stunning.  The Webster's paper and all of the embellishments are quite gorgeous.  I was having a hard time deciding what to do first.  This is my take on this month's sketch.  I flipped it and turned it upside down.  You know how I am with sketches LOL!

These are pictures I took at our recent day trip to Boldt Castle.  This was the first time my DD had been there.  It is on Heart Island all by itself up in the Thousand Islands Region on the St. Lawrence River.  It is simply stunning. A man's true love for his wife was the inspiration for building the castle at the turn of the 20th century.  My DD literally spent the day with her mouth wide opening gasping every time she turned a corner.  Good news...I found my scraproom LOL!  I took over 200 pics that day so I am sure I will be scrapping more.

I used some of the coordinating card stock to cut the circle out and decided to use another one of my Art Stencils from Layers of Color.  Love these things!!! I only used part of the natural flourish stencil on the circle.  I used Dew Drops ink in Platinum.  I added some pearls to dress it up a bit. 


I also took one of the Webster's papers and cut those big, lavender circles out.  I also cut out the half circles.  I lined the circles up along the edge and then layered them with the main circle.  The kit came with some Parisian Anthology decorative elements.  I used one for the title and one to go underneath the photo.  I sprayed some black velvet Smooch Spray onto a paper towel and lightly rubbed over the top of the elements so that just the higher edges got Smooched.
The beautiful branch and lace flower were in the kit.  I broke up the branch and spread it around the page.  I just can't seem to keep myself from using that awesome leaf stamp from Heartfelt Creations.  They are so pretty and easy to use. 


Thank you so very much for stopping by and taking a peek!!!

3 comments:

WendyG said...

Absolute STUNNING Lisa. Those pp's are just gorgeous and I love the deisgn with all the circles!!!! Great pics too, Sydney looks like she had a wonderful time!!

Cindy Gay said...

Lovely layout, graphics, colors, photos.

LISA said...

This is gorgeous! I know what you mean about that stamp... I am still so in love with it!! I cant help myself either. Just love what you did with it!! I love the whole LO!!