Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Thursday, May 27, 2010

If pictures say a thousand words why do yours leave me speechless

*****Swirlydoos June Kit - Antebellum Beauty********
This month's kit is stunning to say the least!  It features GCD Studios Ella Blue Collection and it is gorgeous.

This is a photo of my DD heading down to the beach when we were at The Outer Banks.  Every time I look at this photo I think of hope, dreams, wishes, possibilities and potential.  I'm sure all she is thinking about is where she is going to build her castle, but to me this photo says so very much more.  The tag at the bottom says "If pictures say a thousand words why do yours leave me speechless".  Pretty much sums it up.


I did this lo following the June Sketch Challenge over at Swirlydoos.  It is a sketch by the lovely Beggahuna.  As you all know by now, I really struggle with sketches, BUT, another very talented and wonderful sketch artist, Alda (aka Flying Unicorn) told me once that a sketch should be nothing more than an inspiration.  Thanks Alda, you gave me the permission I needed to not "duplicate" a sketch...so much.  So, this is my inspired version of Beggahuna's sketch.

This lo also features Dusty Attic.  I can't tell you how much I love this stuff!  It is that beautiful clock in the upper left corner.  I inked that with Faded Denim and Walnut Stain Distress ink and then lightly sprayed it with Antique Brass and Graphite Glimmer Mist.  I distressed the center circle and stamped it with a stamp that came in the kit.  The green and brown grass-like flourishes were cut using an svg file I found.  The green is actually cut using white paper and I used distress inks to give them their color.  The brown ones are cut using brown paper.  I then decided to take some pearl bling strings (that's my name for them) and stick them to the grass flourishes.  They needed a little embellishing.  The pin was also in my kit and so was the center blue flower which is a flora doodle flower.  The two end blue flowers I made using some of the blue coordinating paper that came with the kit.  I inked them up with Faded Jeans to give the blue a deeper color and then inked the edges with walnut stain.  The lace is by Prima.  Here are some close up shots.


Thank you so much for looking and as always If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment and also remember to leave me your email addy.  Thanks again for stopping by!!!

7 comments:

Darien said...

Well, I think you did Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Really Beautiful lo!!!!!! And those leaves are STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!1 Love the contrast!!! How Did you cut does leaves they really look Amazing!!!!!!

WendyG said...

Another stunning piece of art LISA!!! Brilliantly done. I love the leave flourishes and your gorgeous flowers!!!

EFI said...

Your layout is amazing! Beautiful colours and flowers, congratulations!

Jenn said...

Stopping by from PIT...your blog is lovely...will have to stop by again.

Unknown said...

Wow that so beautiful i love what you do!

Karen Shady said...

I just stumble on your blog, and I am so glad I did, your work is stunning !!!! I will definately be back :) ps: ive just started a blog, if you are interested in calling in

Karen

2amscrapper said...

Lisa, I left a little something for you on my blog today.