Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm Bustin' Outta Here

I had the best time with this!!!  It's a little bit different for me in that I didn't make one single flower on here....did I hear a collective gasp?!  While there are some little details tucked here and there, there really isn't a lot going on with the page either.  I've seen this paper technique done a few times and just had to give it a try.  I loved doing this and will try to find different ways to incorporate something similar in future pages.

This is a photo of my DD and her cousin on Christmas Day a few years ago.  We (adults included) had an all out Nerf gun, Nerf machine gun, Nerf crossbow, Nerf everything that will shoot a Nerf bullet war.  We were literally duck and running and jumping over couches shooting at each other.  What fun!!!  We laughed so hard.  Anyway, I thought that the two of them looked like little gangsters.  They made a gangster face (real scary aren't they...crossed eyes and everything) and I snapped this picture.

Ok, where to start.  First the paper; it is Graphic 45 and Blue Awning.  There are 3 pieces of paper all together.  I always buy my paper in 2's.  I had 2 of the Graphic 45 The Communique and that gorgeous cream Blue Awning paper.  First I had to determine what paper I wanted on top.  The Blue Awning won.  So, I glued the wrong sides of the Graphic 45 and Blue Awning together, but only along the bottom and about a quarter of the way up the sides.  Then I used my paper cutter and cut down the center of the papers.  I then glued the two papers to the bottom and a quarter of the way up (again) to the front of the other Graphic 45 paper.  Following me so far....?  Ok, then I had to determine how I wanted to roll back the two top pages.  I've seen people use brads to hold them open, but I wanted to make the paper look old and curled.  So, I glued the very top corners and all down the side and then began curling my two top pages.  I did not glue these two papers together all over, just on the sides which allowed me to curl both papers back individually and expose some the pretty checkered pattern on the back of the Graphic 45 paper.  I then used glue dots to hold down the paper where I wanted it and curled, distressed and inked the rest of it.  I had these great little metal looking bracket sticker things.  Even though they are cream in person they look so good on this paper.  So I used them with black pearls to make it look like they are there to kind of hold the paper down.   This picture shows you a close up of the paper.

I used a pearl strand and tucked it in the paper to make it look like a string of pearls.  All of the flowers are by Prima.  I used Distress Embossing powder on the post card along with a Graphic 45 stamp.  The frame around the photo was made out of manila paper that I tore by hand.  I also used distress ink and distress embossing powder on.


I hope you try this paper technique and find it as much fun as I did!  TFL!!!!!

6 comments:

WendyG said...

WOW Lisa!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Darien said...

Lisa, this is STUNNING!!!!!!! I Love the Design!!!!!!! You did Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! So inspiring!!!!

A Few of My Favorite Things said...

Wow, it's FABULOUS!!! So different and innovative!!

Angelica said...

Breathtaking page!!!

2amscrapper said...

beyond awesome!

D said...

Wow Lisa, this layout is incredible! Love your paper folding, not too mention the gorgeous paper and embellishments you used!!! And that picture is soooo cute. Total work of art.