Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Saturday, May 15, 2010

Soulful

This is from my latest Swirlydoos Kit.  I just LOVE the musical theme to all of the papers and the rich dramatic colors to all of the yummy goodies Krissy puts in there.  I've scrapped this photo before but looking back I'm not really happy with the end result so I decided to do it again.

This is a photo of my DD that I took with my Muse lens.  Her hand is mostly in focus while everything else is blurred and moved to the background of the photo.  You should see it in person.  I also have some really gorgeous Dusty Attic pieces in there.  It is the candelabra and the swirly frame at the bottom.  I can't tell you how much I love Dusty Attic.  These pieces come unfinished so you can do whatever your heart desires. 

I took two background papers and combined them.  I cut the red stage curtain from one paper and applied it to another.  I then cut a slit underneath the "top" curtain so that I could place that gorgeous fringe behind it.  I inked the Dusty Attic pieces with Red Brick Distress Ink and then applied Black Soot Distress Embossing powder.  I love this embossing powder because after you have applied heat, some of the powder is designed to fall off so you get a true distressed somewhat gritty appearance.  It is fabulous.

Then I took some black metal from Ten Seconds Studio.  It is coated black on one side and not on the other.  I used some of their slim border molds to emboss the metal and create a picture frame and I also used my 6 petal flower punch and punched out flowers.  As you can see by looking at the flowers I layered two of the flowers leaving the stainless steel looking side for the bottom.  I took my sanding block and distressed the black side and then took mirror ball jewels (this is a musical page after all) and glued them to the center.  I also cut out flowers, leaves and vines using my SCAL software and my Cricut.  The big flower at the bottom is a Flora Doodle flower. I inked and stickled the flowers with Aged Mahogany, Red Brick and Black Soot Distress Inks, and Burgundy Stickles.  I used Moss, Peeling Paint and Black Soot on the leaves.  I also distressed a tag that says Soulful.  Here is a close up of the flowers.


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look.  Would love for you to leave me a comment!! 

3 comments:

2amscrapper said...

wonderful layout--so dramatic

Tabbetha said...

this is so beautiful! I saw it in your gallery! LUV IT! Im a follower again, I know I was before but somehow I keep disappearing off people sites! I must be doing something wrong! Oh well Im here now! :) Hope I stay around this time LOL!!

WendyG said...

Lisa this PURE BRILLIANCE!!!! Love all the matal work!!! You are a true inspiration!!