Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Memories


Swirlydoos Spotlight Kit - Prima Annalee

I know, I know....you thought Annalee was all pink didn't you?  NOT~  LOL  There is a lot of beautiful blues and greens and this pretty mustard-ochre .  I used a photo of my DD I took over the summer and gave it an antique finish.  It looked so pretty with the paper.  The paper line came with this border strip that says "memories like a fresh breeze wisp through my mind warming my heart and refreshing my soul".  It is so true and goes so well with her hair blowing in the breeze.

I used an art stencil from Layers of Color called Belle Brocade.  It is really lovely and very sturdy.  I love what it brings to a page.  I used Vintage Photo Distress ink and then placed little brown jewels on some of the points.


The leaves are one of my new faves.  It's Lisa Gregory's fault really.  She posted this phenomenal page over at Swirlydoos and we all went crazy asking about the stamp and where she got it.  She gladly pointed us in the direction of Heartfelt Creations.  The name of the stamp is Leafy swirls.  I used a random brown archival ink.  I then used Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed and Pine Needle Distress Ink.  I used Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Tattered Flowers die and cut the daisy out of white card stock.  Then I used Burnt Umber Moon Shadow Mist from Lindy's Stamp Gang.  If you've never seen this mist IRL, you really should.  It has a gorgeous iridescence that you don't get with the other mists.

 The yummy blue photo frame is the flip side to another paper in the Annalee line.  I ran it through my Cuttlebug with a random embossing folder (sorry I can't remember the name).  It's filled with flourishes if that helps. I finger curled the corners and the edges and then placed a scrap piece of brown card stock behind it.  I used a water distress finish on it.


Thank you so much for looking!!!!

4 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice framing to the beautifully toned photo. Love the stenciling.

WendyG said...

Absolutely STUNNING Lisa!!!! I just received my stamps from heartfelt creations. Thanks again for forwarding the link. I can't wait to use them. Your LO is a true inspiration!!!

2amscrapper said...

I love what you do with those kits!

LISA said...

I looooove this one too!!!! You are to funny. I am so honored to be at fault with something so worth it!!! lol...I love how the leaves just wisp around the photo. Love the design.