Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Shiver Me Timbers!!!


***Swirlydoos August Kit***
AARRGGH ye ole chum bucket!  This was a fun page to do.  The photo was taken at our most recent camping trip.  It was pirate weekend at the campground we went to and it was a lot of fun.  I uploaded the photo to www.photofunia.com and placed my photo on the wanted poster.  The site is so easy to use and best of all it is FREE!    I downloaded a lot of clipart and used a masking tape technique for the circle behind my large chipboard flourish.

The paper is from 7 Gypsies and Creative Imaginations Beloved line.  I covered the large chipboard flourish in the paper from Beloved.  I inked around the edges and then painted a few places with Distress Crackle in Rock Candy.  Once the crackle, well...crackled, I then went back over it with some distress ink and rubbed it into the cracks with my fingers and then lightly wiped it down with a damp cloth so as only to remove the ink on the top and not down in the cracks.


 Next, I created the circle behind the flourish using a masking tape technique.  It is sooooooo easy!  I provided a tutorial and it is right below this post.  Just scroll down a scooch and you'll see it.  I decided to add some rub ons as well.  I was looking to give it a bit more of a rich, pirate-y feel.     I downloaded the pirate coins, map and the Jolly Roger. I cut out thin card board and used that to paste my coins to.  This way they have some substance to them and the paper won't curl.  I then added a little bit of glue in small random places on top of the coins.  This is so that when I used my distress ink on them it would end up going on heavier where the glue is and give the coins a dirty (as in dirt! I know what you were thinking LOL) look to them.  After I used the ink, I added some rock candy stickles to the sails on the ships and little black pearls to the eyes on the skulls.  For the Jolly Roger I decided to glue this to a piece of manila card stock.  I distressed the heck out of and then inked it.  Finally I used a wet distress technique to make it look more like aged linen.  I used a similar technique on the treasure map, only I didn't wet distress it as much.



Those gorgeous blue flowers, and the cute little white ones came in my kit and the black vine was from a past kit.  I threw in some pearls and jewels on the flourish chip board to represent the pirate's booty!  ARRGH!  I also threw in a key and a lock for good measure!  Now, it wouldn't really be a girly pirate if there wasn't any pink......so I added two pink butterflies.

I hope you enjoyed this and that you try the masking tape technique!!!  TFL~

3 comments:

LISA said...

Freekin Fantastic LO!!! I love all of the elements you used and great pictures!! What a way to preserve the memory of what looks like was a Ye ole Fun Time!!!

Scrapamum said...

What a fab LO! Loved the tutorial from previous post too! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

2amscrapper said...

what an amazing layout!