Home Photo Tutorials Video Tutorials Gallery Creative Resume Permissions Email Me

Faux Metal Tutorial

This was so much fun!!! My page titled The Journey (above this tut) features this faux metal. Here are the supplies you'll need...

Read More

Crepe Paper Carnations

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!

Read More

Calla Lily

I fell in love with this flower when I saw a video for it on the Heartfelt Creations website. So, if you don't want to read my tutorial you can click here to watch it over at HC. I did distress this up a little bit, which is not on the video. All right! Let's get started......

Read More

Faux Leather Tutorial

Making faux leather is easier than you think. I know, I say that about a lot of my tutorials. Have I been wrong? LOL...

Read More

Snowy Poinsettia

These flowers are just too cute! They are beyond easy to make too...BONUS!

Read More

Emerging Color Stamping Technique

Ok, I'll admit it...I really love stamping and the more I stamp the more I want to stamp. It's a wonderfully vicious circle. Emerging Color is one of those techniques that have some very basic and constant elements to it, but the creative license is all yours in how you present it. I'm sure if you Google or YouTube you will find a ton of tutorials and a lot of them will be very similar. Emerging Color boils down to this one word: resist. This is at its very core a resist technique. The whole trick to doing this is to remember that you will work in layers.

Read More


Friday, April 23, 2010

Butterfly Kisses

For those of you who don't know what a butterfly kiss is, the best way to describe it is to tell you how to do it.  You simply place your eye really close to someone's cheek and then blink really fast so that they feel only your eyelashes "flutter".  It tickles and always makes the kids giggle.  That is what I thought of when I took this picture.  I used a lens attachment on my Canon Rebel called a Muse and it is made by a company called Lensbaby.  If you have a digital SLR camera I highly suggest you check out their site.  This lens is AWESOME!!!!  You can squeeze it, bend it...all sorts of things.  Go check it out.....

Ok, so I pretty much made everything by hand on this and tried to keep it light with a breezy feeling.  I started with a blue, swirley and glittery paper (which doesn't really translate well in this photo) and then cut the bottom of it with a slight wave design.  I glued it to the top of plain white 12x12 card stock.  I then took one of my new favorite stamps by Donna Salazar and stamped it along the bottom of the white page.  Then I remembered a great idea posted by Wendy on sb.com.  She made this braid circle and wove flowers into it.  Well, I didn't weave the flowers in or make a circle, but I did use 3 different colors of ribbon and made a braid. Thanks for the idea Wendy!!  I attached it to the blue paper and followed the wave pattern.

Then I made the roses using plain white copy paper and a flower punch.  I use Stormy Sky Distress Re-inker and a Mini-Mister. I sprayed the paper flowers lightly, let them dry then sprayed them again.  If you spray them too much they become saturated and loose their shape.  It is best to do a few light coats.  Then when this was dry I added copper Perfect Pearls to a mini-mister with water and lightly sprayed the flowers again.  When this was dry I took some Purple Distress Ink and then lightly went over the flowers again.  Kind of my take on the Prima Alchemy Flowers.  Here is a close up:
Next I downloaded free svg files of butterflies and used my Cricut to cut them out.  I cut them out on manila card stock and then used Distress Inks to color them.  The bottom of this butterfly is solid black (using black soot ink) and then I blended purple distress ink to the top layer by working my way from the outside in so that the edges take on more ink and it gets lighter the farther in you go.  I glued the two pieces together and then took Black Stickles and filled in the spaces.

Here again I made the butterflies using the technique above.  Under the butterflies is a handmade flourish.  I made this by photo copying an actual bling flourish I bought.  Then I placed the photocopy underneath some transparency paper and used Opal Liquid Pearls and "traced" the image below. I took some liberties in a few places.  After all it wouldn't really be mine if I didn't give it my own twist.  Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezie!

If you have any questions be sure to post a comment on this blog and I will do my best to respond.  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

2amscrapper said...

So amazing and such beautiful techniques!

DonnaSalazar said...

This layout is beautiful! I'm so glad you like my stamps!
Smooches~D~
ps... watched Willie Wonka singing on your Youtube playlist... love Willie!